Saturday 8 August 2009

Circular No 405





Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.

Caracas, 8 of August 2009 No.405

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Friends,

Here we start with a Fund Raiser on behalf of Angie Galt petition, due to her conditions.

Also a short summary (résumé) of Peter Gorinsky´s fishing enterprise.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fund Raiser on behalf of Angie Galt

Nigel Boos

Monday, May 18, 2009 11:32:16 AM

Hi there, guys,

Tilson Tang has asked me to circulate the following message to all MSB Old Boys living in Trinidad, to seek support for a Fund Raiser on behalf of Angie Galt, wife of Randall "Swami" Galt, (MSB 1960).

Angie has recently returned home to Barbados after major spinal surgery in Cuba, is re-learning how to walk and is also suffering from Parkinson's Disease.

Please consider attending this Fund Raiser as a form of assistance to Angie and Swami. Your attendance will be very much appreciated.

Unfortunately, I am not currently able to easily differentiate between those who live in Trinidad and those who live elsewhere.

If therefore, you happen to live outside of Trinidad and you can't make it to the dinner-dance, perhaps you can send this invitation on to others on your address-book who live in TT, to let them know about the event.

Best wishes to y'all.

Nigel

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

From: Tilson Tang <ciscobme@hotmail.com>

Date: May 18, 2009 9:13:38 AM GMT-04:00

Hi Nigel,

Swami's wife Angela who resides in Barbados has just returned from major spinal surgery in Cuba.

She had not been able to walk for the last two years but since the surgery she is able to make steps and she is learning to walk all over again.

She has also been diagnosed with Parkinsons disease.

As you could well imagine the financial cost has been exceedingly high and there is also the rehab as well as treatment for the Parkinsons so a group of us all his friends have organized a fund raising dinner and dance in an effort to assist her with her expenses.

I would appreciate very much if you could circulate a copy of the ticket to all the A.S.A.A, members living in Trinidad asking for their support of this worthy venture.

It is an all inclusive and promises to be a wonderful evening with a ton load of top class entertainment from both T&T and Barbados.

Attached is a copy of the ticket with all the info and tickets can be obtained by calling me Tel: 683 6212 or emailing me at the above address.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

Here is the only information that we have on Richard Galt

I have been married for 34 years to Anne (Hackshaw).

We have three children, Natalie, Wade and Christian. Natalie has a 19-month old daughter, Madison.

Wade has his own financial consulting business and plays competitive volleyball.

Christian is a Senior, playing baseball for his university.

Got married in 1967, moved to Toronto in 1968, moved to Coral Springs, Florida in 1973 where we still reside.

This is my 40th year in the insurance business.

I have a State Farm Insurance Agency. Enjoy fishing, visiting Natalie, Brad and Madison in Naples, Florida, while trying not to miss any of Wade and Christian's games.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

From: peterg2

Date: Mon, 10 Jun 18:42:23 -0600

Hi Ladislao ...

Yes, I am here in Costa Rica.

Been living in Central America now for nearly 30 years.

In April I was in Trinidad for a few days and met with Alex deVerteuil, my old buddy from Mount times.

We had a lot of old time things to remember and I was hoping to be able to visit the Mount ... but time did not allow and I will have to leave this to some other visit.

Sure glad to make the contact.

We will just have to see what can be done to help the Library ... and there are probably a lot more other things to do.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

From: Ladislao kertesz

Date: 10 Oct 18:36:29 -0700

Dear Peter

I wanted to write to you to inquire if you have been getting the Circulars???

Have you any comment on them?

Do you know, Fernando Hangen and Carlos Fonseca?

Please do not forget the photos!!!!

I am running out of articles.

Why BG boy???

When was your graduation year, Form V????

God Bless

LAdislao

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

On Mon, 10 June , peterg2 wrote:

Hi Ladislao,

I have found a number of photos from my Mount Days ... I will have them scanned and send them on.

Will be in touch.

Peter

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

From: Peter Gorinsky

Date: 9/28/ 2:10:57 AM

Hi Ladislao,

I found this old photo of circa 1956 of the Mount St. Benedict choir.

I am in the back row at 5 th. from right, the tallest.

Quite a good choir that was also a great bunch of school mates.

Most of my school photos were lost in the disturbances in Guyana 1969.

I certainly do appreciate your great effort in keeping us in contact with the Mount and a treasured memory alive.

Peter Gorinsky

Costa Rica

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

On 23-May-09, at 11:27 AM, Peter Gorinsky wrote:

Hi Nigel,

Thank you for sending me the updated list and here are some requested changes and additions.

My name spelling is Peter Gorinsky and not Peter Gorinski.

My brother Luke Gorinsky should also be added.

We were both at the Mount from 1955 to 1959 with my brother remaining there until 1960.

These are sort of approximations.

Thanks,

Peter Gorinsky

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

From: peterg2

Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 10:44:35 -0600

Hi Lazslo ... here is wishing you and your family the very best for 2003 and thank you for all the wonderful news and memories

I received from you with relish on the old Mount.

I was able to recognize so many of my old friends... most of whom I had sadly forgotten until I saw the photos and refreshed my dimming memory.

I pass through Caracas regularly on my way to Guyana.

I fly San Jose > Caracas > Trinidad > Guyana and have a really long 6 hour stay over in Caracas before being able to head on to P-o-Spain. > Guyana.

When next I am there I will give you a call.

In fact, I am thinking of breaking off the trip in Caracas and going to Guyana via the road to Brazil and back again to Guyana.

It is probably more interesting.

Yours,

Peter Gorinsky

Fly Fish Costa Rica / Guyana

E-mail: peter@flyfishcostarica.com

Phone: (506) 228 0267

Fax: (506) 289 6611

Cellular: (506) 393 2158

Web: http://www.flyfishcostarica.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

From: peterg2

Date: 28 Sep 19:41 (PDT)

Dear Ladislao,

I was unfortunately undergoing some major cardio surgical operations since July in Miami and I have only now returned home to Costa Rica.

During this time I think there was some problem with my internet account since the load of spam was such that not being on hand to empty the cache during these months, it sort of sadly collapsed under the weight of rubbish.

Unfortunately, many important notes were also lost and I think I can safely say that I am back on line at this address: peterg2@racsa.co.cr

Your Mount news letters are very appreciated and enjoyed.

I have a lot of wonderful old Mount photos that I will try to scan and send ... now that I have more time to do such non-stressful activities. In about five months I will be again back in full swing and undertaking fishing expeditions in both Guyana and Brazil.

It is also hoped that I will be able to spend a few weeks in Venezuela and have the chance to check out the trout fishing near Merida.

All the very best and thank you for your note and inquiry. We will certainly remain in touch ...

Best regards,

Peter Gorinsky

Web Sites:

www.flyfishcostarica.com

www.amazonflyfishing.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

May 23, 2009

Hi Nigel,

I was a student in the Abbey School from 1958 to 1964, finishing my Form 4 there and returning to Venezuela to finish in a High School in my transition to the USA to University.

I really enjoyed your emails as I have seen information on my old friends, and should be contacting some of them in due time.

Regards,

Irvin Allum

mallumsaudio@gmail.com

Business telephone in Caracas: 58+212+9853743

Home Phone: 58+212+9430995

Mobile phone:58+414+2501666

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

Nigel P. Boos

Sunday, May 24, 2009 8:48:30 AM

SO, THAT'S what happened to you and Garry.

I never knew.

Just realized that you had both suddenly disappeared.

Interesting about Rockwell.

I stayed there myself for a while, one summer -1968, I think.

Any idea when David Johnson was a student at MSB? Also, do you have an email address for him.

Say, Wayne, what about a recent photograph of yourself, for the record?

Thanks.

Nigel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

On 24-May-09, at 8:17 AM, WAYNE HENDERSON wrote:

Hi Nigel,

I was expelled from Mount in 1958 for roughing up the Dean of discipline Fr.Eugene.

My father decided to take Garry out at the same time.

Garry went on to Rockwell Collage in Ireland.

I decided to stay in Trinidad and finished up in a private school in San Fernando.

Garry and family live in Boca-Raton Florida.

I live on my Ranch in Texas.

Still very active in the oil sector.

Have operations in U.S., Mexico, Venezuela ( shut down Ven. because of Chavez ) and China.

About to start up two large operations in China later on this year.

Well, the summer is here so its time to get some boating and fishing in in between all my trips.

David Johnson (not the St.Lucia brothers) lives in Perth Australia.

His wife’s name is Wendy.

David was best man at my wedding.

Have a good one.

Wayne Henderson

InterEnergy Services Inc.

Mobile: 281 744 8430

wayneies@avantel.net.vcf

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

Saturday, April 18, 2009 7:58:05 AM

Hi Las,

The lady who ran the kitchen wsa Ms Su Poi.

She eventually ended up owning Shay Shay Tien Restaurant in Woodbrook.

Regards,

Robert

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

From: Robert Elias <dmightytrini@tstt.net.tt>

Date: April 19, 2009 12:55:48 AM GMT-04:00

Hello Ladislao,

I read where Nigel Boos made mention of The Chinese Lady at the Mount Kitchen.

She is Ms. Soo Poy and is very alive.

I can get her Telephone No. for you if you so desire.

Best Wishes,

Robert Elias,

De Mighty Trini.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

Keep well and take care during summer holidays

Ladislao Kertesz, kertesz11@yahoo.com,

So now you have all the exchanges and photos.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photos:

03PG0029PGOGY, Peter Gorinsky showing fish in Guyana.

03PG0003PGOCR, Peter Gorinsky showing fish in Costa Rica.

56PG0001CHOIMSB, Photo of the Choir.

09UN0001RGAWFE, Angela Galt and UNKNOWN, in Barbados.

No comments:

Post a Comment