Saturday 14 March 2009

Circular No 384





Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.

Caracas, 14 of March 2009 No. 384

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Friends,

A couple of NEW members of the Circular.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Geoffrey Xavier, Class 1958

Sent: Sun 3/08/09 9:20 PM

Hi Ladislao,

I am Geoffrey Xavier Class of 1958 No 16 in Photo.

Thanks for getting in touch with me. I never knew such an ALUMNI existed.

Congratulations and thanks for all the good work you have put into this.

I am now visiting the numerous circulars and enjoying them tremendously.

I have a photo of the Class of 1958 and could now put names to the familiar faces I see.

Sorry for not being able to help you with the 1980's ALUMNI.

This is way after my time at the Abbey.

You can contact me at E-mail address geoffxavier@hotmail.com

Thanks once again.

Geoffrey Xavier

Montreal, Canada.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

Robert Dyal

Sent: Mon 3/09/09 1:32 AM

Dear Ladislao,

I joined the Abbey School in 1981 when I came back from England to live here in Trinidad.

Was Father Vincent the Principal at the school when you were their?

I left Abbey in 1985.

They closed a few years after that.

You can reach me at the , email address Robertdyal43@hotmail.com"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

Glen Mckoy wrote:

Attila,

I can't believe you missed the scene with the couple,

I thought you would be the one to see it first,

knowing the Romeo/ Mr Lover you were in your days.

Ha! Ha! G#1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------.

From: oscar_cantore@aincosa.com

Subject: RE: The Grotto in the Forest

Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 13:55:19 -0400

From: Attila GYURIS [mailto:gyuris@yahoo.com]

Sent: Viernes, 04 de Abril de 2008 01:42 p.m

Subject: RE: The Grotto in the Forest

Darn....... I missed that scene with the couple!

Attila

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
oscar cantore wrote:

Attila,

If I recall correctly Fofeo, Jose Maria Costa, the Malave’s were there, that day there was beside our group there was another one of older boys also doing their thing in the river

I recall we discovered or caught in the act a couple making love on top of a rock by the river and at that time we all converted in RAMBO to hide and watch the show!!!!

After a while we broke up the encounter by showing ourselves and the guy got so upset (I do not know why) that he started throwing rocks at us and we all simultaneously replied back and repelled the attack,

At that moment we heard the screams and alarm voices about what was happening further down the river with the little girl and we all ran there.

I remember I was one of the guys that went to get help,

there was a Hospital near by to threat TB and when we requested the help they told us the driver for the ambulance was not there and beside they had no Oxygen available to take,

imagine a TB Hospital without Oxygen

I wonder what they did with their patients, from there we called the Fire Dept. and it took them over an hour to get there and assist us.

But it is true the face Cutty put when we arrived in the Paddy waggon is still fresh in my mind.

Saludos

Oscar

----------------------------------------------------------------------------.

Flying, But Not For the Faint of Heart

Nigel P. Boos

Friday, January 9, 2009 1:36:09 PM

Matias, my dear friend,

How are you? It's so good to know that I have indeed managed to contact you.

I hope all is well with you and that you're safe and in good health, wherever you are.

Thanks for the notes on the boomerang story.

I'm happy to know that someone exists "out there" to validate what I'd said.

Sometimes I get the impression that folks think I'm making up these stories, so once more, thank you.

Could I trouble you, perhaps, to ask you to share a paragraph with me to let me know what you've spent the last 40 years doing?

Whatever you say will be shared with Ladislao, so watch it.....!

Anyway, thanks for getting in touch. Do keep it up.

Please confirm for me the email address for Urbano as well.

Happy New Year.

Nigel P. Boos

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

On 9-Jan-09, at 12:23 PM, Matias von Fedak wrote:

Good afternoon Nigel,

!. Your English (last email) is really impressive.

Now I know why my final English grade at MSB was so miserable.

Now to business:

Your Boomerang story was not 100% correct.

It’s true, Richard Galt was our champion and therefore had the honor to throw the Boomerang, which flew straight into into on of the pillars.

The Boomerang was from a Doctor ,whose son was a day student at MSB.

The poor guy mentioned it in one of our classes, while Father Bush talked about the flying technique of the Boomerang.

Best regards.

Matias

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

From: david decastro

Date: 17 February 2009 04:53

To whom it may concern.

In 1952 in form 5 big boys were allowed to smoke.

There was a pool table in the big boys rec room.

However father Ildephons liked to play pool and was often in the room so many of the boys stop going to the room.

Note that was in 1952

"bandit"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

cdemarothy

10/10

I am sorry to say that it is a bit late to send out invitations for those of us in foreign lands.

As much as I would love to attend, as I did last reunion, I cannot at this time fit it into my schedule.

Hopefully, the next reunion (2008?), will be scheduled with us in mind.

Greetings to all alumni, especially classes of ’58, ’59, and ‘60’.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

On 28-Jan-08, at 3:55 PM, Luciano Mellone wrote:

Hello Nigel !!!!!!!!!!

Luciano Mellone MSB 71 - 72 - 73 old Boy. I think you were still there, I do not remember you pretty good.

It is nice to hear from MSB old boys and to know that we are still like a family or brothers.

Regards

Mellone Luciano

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

Nigel Boos

Sunday, October 19, 2008 9:05:13 AM

Wonderful.

Have fun.

Ladislao, please note - we have a shooting captain. Good for him.

Nigel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

On 19-Oct-08, at 7:31 AM, Luciano Mellone wrote:

Hi Nigel !!!!!!!

Tonight, when I come back from shooting training

I will sit and make some other corrections for you.

For your information and you could share it with other old boys I will be travelling October 22 to Indonesia - Bali for the world shoot as captain of the Venezuela shooting team.

Regards to all

Mellone Luciano

-------------------------------------------------------------------.

From: "Moffie, Edgar"
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 08:51:47 -0400
Glen,

Good to hear fo you too.

It´s nice to read or hear that some old friends form Mount are still alive.

First I most apologise for not having reply to you earlier, but I was on some days off.

I work for a Gas compression company (Hanover compression limited partnership) with main office in Houston Texas.

They have other offices around the world.

Their biggest operation facility is in Venezuela

Glen and myself are always in contact thru e-mail.

Two years ago I did see Villafana, he is running his father´s business.

But it was Carnival season so it was not easy to get in touch with any one.

This year I went back during Carnival and made it back to Mount.

Father Cuthbert showed me the new business they have going on with Yogurt fabrication and sales in Trinidad which they expect to to push to some of the islands around.

The Garners Chousing (Alloy and Junior Asam).

I also understand that Kelven Khan and Kamal khan are also in Canada and so is suppose to be (Nazi) Lew Runi from Tunapuy in Venezuela.

I have heard that an old friend Adolfo Aumaitre (Tucupita) is a dentist, was in Bolivar but moved to his native home Tucupita, I´m trying to reach him.

Have you heard from Salvador Coscarart and his brother Pedro???

Well I see what I can do in order to get more info. about some of the old friends.

God bless you and take care of your self.

Regards

Edgar

-----Mensaje original--------------------------------------------------------

De: Glen Mckoy [mailto:mckoy43glen@hotmail.com]

Enviado el: sábado, 15 de julio de 2006 5:44

Hi Edgar,

Good to read from you,

I am Glen Mckoy, my brother is Hudson we have been in Canada since we left the mount,

I contact mono, Glen Evelyn, I use to talk to Allan Juman a few years ago but lost track of him,

I went and visit Tim Healy a few years ago in Florida,

Allan Romeo had contacted me a year ago, but his email does not work any more.

I use to see Jimmy Samaroo when I use to go home but its all so long ago.

Just wanted to say hello from this side of the world,

I live in Halifax Nova Scotia, the rolling stones will be performing here again in Sept. Take care, say hello to your brother for me.

bye

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

So now you have all the exchanges and photos.

That is for now, till the next one

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photos:

03DM0001REUNION2003, Don Mitchell, Jon Golding and Gordon Mitchell

03MD0001REUNION2003, Virginia and Michael D´ornellas

03SC1964SCODGO, Donald Goddard and Salvador Coscarat

08MP0006MPR, Manuel Prada looking out from the mount in deep thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment