Saturday 18 July 2009

Circular No 402





Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.

Caracas, 18 of July 2009 No. 402

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Friends,

The 5th Day of my visit TT was dedicated for some sight seeing, so there is little information that I can pass to you.

This day was reserved for a trip to Toco with Joseph Berment.

It was interesting to see that the Main Highway is closer to Sangre Grande, and also to see many industrial complexes, sign of a healthy economy.

During the trip we spent a few hours debating on the ideas that should be taken in the uses of the association, soon these shall be published as soon as the Association gets to be legal.

We still must get the name straight, the first obstacle in our way.

The photos of this trip shall have taken a back seat to the photos taken at the meeting in Ajax.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

From: "Peter Boos"

Date: 2 May 05:13 (PDT)

Hi Ladislao,

Please note that I am a Chartered Accountant not an Architect.

I had sent you a message some time ago.

Did you receive it?

Congratulations on the outstanding job you are doing for the old boys of Mount.

Peter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------.

Caracas, 3 of May

Dear Peter

I have made the change to Accountant, thank you.

Please send me corrections when needed.

I even took the not msb line off, this was Nigel’s input a year ago.

Now that we are correcting, please tell me if you did or whg, would have graduated in 1955? as the list says.

Do you have any telephone number?

Address?

A photo or two?

Did you contact those that I wrote you last?

God Bless

Ladislao

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

On 28-Mar-09, at 8:12 AM, laszlo kertesz wrote:

Dear Nigel

Keep me informed so that in each Circular we can write something on the get together.

LAdislao

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

From: Nigel Boos <nigelboos@yahoo.ca>

Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2009 7:34:32 AM

Hello, Salvador,

It would be wonderful to get together with you during your trip to Toronto.

Please let us have your itinerary more specifically, so that we can try to plan a get-together while you're around.

Note to all you GTA-based MSB OB's - Please keep your eyes on this.

I'll let you know as details are made available, and perhaps we can try to get together, this time, downtown Toronto, or else in Mississauga, Burlington, Brampton, Durham or wherever's the most convenient spot.

Any suggestions? (Spouses and children also welcome, but naturally, everyone will be expected to pay his own bill - I hope you understand).

Salvador, just for your information - there are a FEW OB's in Quebec as well, and you might like to look them up too.

I've been able to find:

Alain Devaux - (Left MSB in the 1950's) St. Hyacinthe, Quebec. (Ph: 450-773-4652)

Raymond Devaux - (Left MSB in the 1940's) Montreal, Quebec. (He lives in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida during the winter)

Patrick Devaux - (Class of 1966) - Montreal, Quebec. (Ph: 450-469-4979)

(These three guys are brothers)

Ladislao - You might want to mention this in your next Circular.

If any OB from MSB happens to be around while we enjoy this get-together, you're welcome to join us.

Please contact any one of us via email or whatever and let us know you'd like to come, so that we can keep you updated as to venue, date, etc.

Regards to everyone.

By the way, if I've missed out anyone who you know and who is not on the above list, please advise me.

Nigel

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

On 28-Mar-09, at 12:41 AM, salvador coscarart wrote:

Hello cornel

Welcome to the club.

My name is Salvador Coscarart, I attended the mount in 1967 to 1974.

I am from Cumana, Venezuela, and now I live in Lafayette, Louisiana.

I will be going to Montréal and Toronto in June 2nd till June the 15th 2009.

I hope we can have a little reunion with the old boys that are living in Ontario, Toronto.

I have send, Nigel boos a note and hopefully we can meet.

Glen Mckoy and I were in the same class as well as his brother Hudson that lives over there in Toronto.

Well hope we can meet.

God bless. Hopefully glen may show up jajajajaj.

Salvador coscarart.

PS. I’ll be making a photo album in facebook about the abbey school boys,

So look me up on it.

Adios amigos. Hermanos.

--------------------------------------------------------------.

salvador coscarart

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 11:41:59 PM

Hello Nigel

My plans are to be in Montréal on June the 2nd and I will leave to go to Toronto on June the 4th ,5th 6th 7th,8th, and will depart on the 9th to go back to Montréal , so that I can spend one weekend in Toronto and one weekend in Montréal.

Am only staying for 15 days vacation and will get back to Lafayette, Louisiana for the 16th and back to work on the 17th jajajajajajajaj.

Time flyes. I have never been to Toronto, so I will appreciate if someone can meet me at the airport and bring me to a decent hotel in Toronto.

Or send me information on hotels near by where you leave, so I can get a taxi to bring me there.

Am an indian from Venezuela, but don't tell everybody jajajajajajaj.

Regards to all, and see ya later alligators.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------.

From: nigelboos@eagles-wings.ca

Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 13:17:09 -0400

Salah,

Thank you for the information. I'll pass it along now to Salvador.

Salvador - here is the phone number for Angel Da Silva, as you requested.

Please let me have a specific date when you plan to be in the Toronto area, so we can plan a get together.

Thanks.

Nigel

-------------------------------------------------------------------.

On 26-Apr-09, at 3:09 PM, Salah Wilson wrote:

Hi Nigel, ´

The following is Angel Da Silva's phone

Salah

----- Original Message -----------------------------------------------------

From: Angel Da Silva

Sent: Sunday, April 26, 2009 9:18 AM

Hey Salah,

My cell is 514-246-2250. Hope to see you soon.

Angel

----- Original Message -------------------------------------------------------

From: Salah Wilson

Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 10:50 PM

Hi Angel,

The brother in Toronto Nigel Boos would like to get your tel: number so that he can pass it on to Salvador...but I do not have it

I will need it also

Salah

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

It would be helpful if we had a telephone number for Angel Da Silva, so that Salvador will be able to get in touch with him directly.

Can you let me have it?

Once again, thanks for your first class story.

Nigel P. Boos

------------------------------------------------------------------.

Re: ABBEY SCHOOL OLD BOY 1967-74.

Nigel P. Boos

Friday, April 24, 2009 7:20:32 AM

Salvador,

Can you be very specific and let me know what evenings you plan to be in Toronto, please.

I need this info, so that we can start planning a little get together with you while you're here.

Thanks.

Nigel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

On 16-Apr-09, at 10:18 AM, salvador coscarart wrote:

Hello Mr. Wilson.

My name is Salvador Coscarart I am from Cumana' Venezuela.

I attended the abbey school in 1967 thru 1974.

So from seeing on the information that Nigel Boos send me I was there when you was there for three years.

So you were with: attila gyuris ,fulvio cantore, cecil camacho.paul quesnel, rafael echeverria, ronnie lew, roberto mezzana,miguel angel luongo,edgar and eloy moffie, gonzalo montiel,etc...

Well just to mention a few of your old class mates.

I will be arriving in Montréal on June 2nd, be staying with some friends in Montréal and if possible will like to meet with you and some of the older guys that went to mount,

Best wishes

Salvador Coscarart.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------.

On 17-Feb-09, at 1:34 PM,

You guys keep calling names and my ears prick up.

That's exactly what I was hoping would happen.

Some point of interest would spark a memory . . . and another . . . and another . . . and soon we'd have contacted every last living OB from MSB.

And then we could really try to draw people together. Fantastic!

Now, help me here:

Luis?

Jobie?

Richard Lawrence in Whitby? (That's next door to Ajax).

Tell me more? Any email addresses?

Now, let me introduce you fellas to another OB - but from my era this time.

Dr. Roger Lee Kam (Class of 1960) came to my attention in mid-2008, but I forgot to include him (mea culpa, me culpa, mea maxima culpa, Roj) in my Address Book as a member of the subset "Abbey School - Toronto".

I've corrected that oversight now, however, so allow me to introduce you to my friend and classmate, who I hope will grace us with his presence at the Friday "Roti Night" (details below, Roj) together with his wife.

ROTILICIOUS - 89 Commerce Ave., Ajax, @ 6.30 pm. (Ph: 905-686-8070)

Roger, please consider this a formal invitation to join a few of the Old Boys from MSB and their wives for a delicious roti and a drink in Ajax.

I sure would like to see you again, so do try to make it.

Nigel P. Boos

(He did not attend??, ed.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------.

Nigel P. Boos

Sunday, November 30, 2008 9:24:11 AM

Hi Don,

Las has asked me to offer a little advice, so here goes:

To send large files:

1. Prepare the file as you want it to be received.

2. Open www.yousendit.com

3. Attach the file as indicated

4. Send the file to yourself

5. You will receive an email giving you the link you should use to open the file under yousendit.com

6. Prepare your email message to whomever you wish, and add the given link to the email, for others to open it upon receipt

7. Send

That's it.

Have fun.

Nigel

----------------------------------------------------------------------.

From: laszlo kertesz <kertesz11@yahoo.com>

Date: November 30, 2008 8:05:48 AM GMT-05:00

Subject: Re: Identification of some Old Boys

Dear Nigel

Thank you, the corrections have been made.

Please could you write Don and tell him the method on sending large files.

He has about 30Mb of photos to send and we do not know how to proceed.

God bless

Ladislao

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am on time this week, good on the promise made last week.

Was there only one photographer at the reunion?????

Regards

Ladislao Kertesz

So now you have all the exchanges and photos.

That is for now, till the next one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photos:

09SC0010REUNIONAJAX, Terrence Ferreira and Leslie D´Ornellas.

09SC0003REUNIONAJAX, Hudson McKoy, Linda McKoy and Salvador Coscarart

09SC0017REUNIONAJAX, Paul Dewan, Rose Dewan and Cornel De Freitas

09SC0004REUNIONAJAX, Angel Da Silva, Salvador Coscarart and Saslah Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment